This is an early prototype of the arcade cabinet that I’m using to test the shape while I collect the components for a larger enclosure. I’ve moved the connections from a breadboard to a prototyping shield, and can use a small display in the slot if needed.
The current plan is to design a cabinet to be laser cut, and add a strip of NeoPixels to match the player’s color. I may then add an additional servo motor or two depending on whether or not I can provide enough power to the Arduino.
I’ve also managed to get openFrameworks up and running on a raspberry pi, which will be the platform that runs the actual arcade when it’s finalized.
Stay tuned for more later this week!