Updates

Rebuilding a Singing Tree – Part 1

The Singing Tree was one of my favorite projects while at Goldsmiths. Sadly, it was dismantled at the end of the term when I had to leave the UK. I see it now as an opportunity to apply what I’ve learned since to improve it!

The rough plan is to update the design by building it with sturdier materials, to make it modular to aid in assembling/disassembling for transport, to add lighting (which was one of the original goals that we didn’t have time to complete), and to incorporate conductive paint as a more natural interface than foil tape. I’ll be documenting my development process here in the coming weeks.

More information on the original project can be found further back in this blog, or at https://matthewdeline.com/portfolio/singing-tree/

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s