Building a Singing Tree with Raspberry Pi – Part 27

Updates

We had major issues with inconsistent readings from our touch points on the tree (where sometimes 10,7 and 3 wouldn’t register, and others 8, and 0 for example). This issue is the same as from before painting. We tried rewiring one input, but this only temporarily fixed the issue.

Following this, we realized that the only thing changing between tests was us moving the alligator clips. This led us to believe that the connections aren’t solid (the wire is very thin).

To correct this we soldered header pins to each of the contact points and then jumper wires to each. This will allow us to test by scaling things back.

Next we will connect these wires directly to the wires in the tree and test again (with the eventual goal being that we solder the wires together).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s